Sunday, March 11, 2007

Creative Scavenger Hunt
Once again, at the prompting of Tammy, I have another task to complete on the blog. Don't let me fool you; I actually enjoy these crazy things. :-)
1. Morning. When I first thought of morning, I remembered this photo from Christmas morning this past December. It couldn't have been any later than 6:30 a.m. Sierra had been so nervous about whether or not Santa would find her in Brazil. She had a terrible time falling and staying asleep, so you can imagine how quickly she jumped from bed at first dawn. I LOVE Christmas morning...any other morning, I'm not so fond of.

2. Wow!
The view from the Chinese Vista here in Rio, overlooking the city. Cocovado, Christ the Redeemer, is on the left side of the photo on the top of the mountain. The landscapes that I have witnessed in the past 7 months are unbelievable. I think I've seen the most beautiful view possible and then I find another that takes my breath away.


3. Happiness.
I'm an English teacher. I think this one of Sierra writing speaks for itself!






4. Lost...At first sight you may think this is merely a picture of our soccer/basketball court looking down from the veranda, but when you look more closely, almost in the middle of the picture, resting on top of the wall that surrounds the court, you will find one of my hallway rugs!




5. Unexpected!
Last January, while in Parati, we were walking the streets, window shopping, and enjoying the quiet of the little quaint beach town, when I happened past this little restaurant bar. On one wall inside the bar I found the collage of framed, AUTOGRAPHED, photos shown here...the collection includes (although I realize they're hard to see with the glare of the flash) Martin Luther King, Jr., Mahatma Ghandi, Eva Peron, as well as other world known social activists/leaders. I think I stood in silence for about 5 minutes simply staring in awe at this wall.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Great list, Sara!! The wall of autographs is amazing!

Did you ever get your rug back?

Sara Wicht said...

Yes, I did get the rug back. Funny though because after Joe ran to retrieve this one he returned to shake another and had a repeat occurance--He dropped the second rug while shaking it out too! I wasn't fast enough with the camera the second time though!