Wednesday, May 11, 2011

And I Kept a Straight Face...

As a classroom teacher for 16 years, I have heard many-a one-liner from middle schoolers. I have more than once said, "I need to write this shit down!" I imagine there are infinite other "one-liners" waiting to be shared by fellow teachers. I am now working on finding the platform I can use to communicate and share them.

Something is in the works...it will probably involve Facebook. It may become a second blog instead...need to check blogspot to see if the above title is currently in use.

This is exciting!

Here's the first of hopefully many from: And I Kept a Straight Face:

Student: Ms. Sara, there's a very strange definition for climax in the dictionary. It says climax is orgasm!
Me: That's right. Climax is a synonym for orgasm.
Student: What?! But how can you say, "I was reading the story, and I just got to the orgasm."?
Me:

And I Kept a Straight Face...

No comments: