Thursday, September 04, 2008

When you rise before your alarm and are greeted by awesome beauty....it makes it ok! (even at 5:30 in the morning)
I've been doing a lot a thinking lately. Not just the every day thinking. The deep, introspective kind of thinking. The kind you can get lost in. Too many ideas have crossed my mind in the past month to list, but two very important goals have come from hours of sitting still:
1. Don't borrow worry Sara.
2. Capture moments.
I'm making a conscious effort to avoid overly stressing out. I am working to not fret about the small stuff. Most importantly, I am letting go of things I can't control. Why worry about something that will never be? It takes too much precious energy. Life is fragile.
As I find myself more and more often with a large grin on my face, I am stopping to breathe in the moment, to capture it, to freeze it in my mind's eye. It comes from being so completely grounded and emotionally healthy--it is an amazing feeling.
But these things are sometimes easier said than done. However, I think a higher power is keeping His eye on me, helping me to stay on track with these two personal goals I have set, for when I might be losing perspective, I am gently reminded with an awesome view like this:and I remember that beauty surrounds us, people are priceless, time will pass but memories are forever and this life we each trudge through is a true blessing!

2 comments:

katie said...

Thanks for the inspiration! And thanks for the call on Tuesday -- it was wonderful to hear Sierra's voice and feel your support and love from Brasil. XOXOXO

Shelly said...

VERY beautiful!