Sunday, September 14, 2008

Checking in on H-Town...

As many of you know, I lived in Houston, TX for 5 years. Sierra was born in Houston. Although the state of TX has been known to produce some scary thinkers, I have a special place in my heart for Houston. During my 5 years in TX, I experienced the wrath of several hurricane producing tropical storms. The week after I sold my house in TX, my neighborhood flooded as a result of a hurricane. They are unbelieveably strong forces of nature. When water falls horizontally, it is frightening. Well, Ike made landfall in Galveston early Sat. morning, ripping apart much of the coastline. This storm was so strong there is hurricane damage as far as downtown Houston--approximately 60 miles north of the coast. Windows in skyscrapers DOWNTOWN were blown out.
Saturday morning, I attempted to call several members of my TX family. All I heard were busy signals. I think the lines are still down.
As of this morning, I have heard from LaShunda, KaSandra, and Cindy. All of them and their respective family are safe. KaSandra had evacuated to Odessa where her extended family lives, but she has no true idea of the condition of her home near Houston. LaShunda was hiding behind a bed for fear of the wind crashing in the window, and with the exception of some leaks in the roof and a few windows Cindy's house is in tact--as well as her loved ones.
I'm just waiting to hear from Lorry. I am assuming she too is without power and cannot access email or telephone lines.
Big hugs to all of you and sending as much energy as you may need in the clean up process.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

More importantly, the gold replica watches uk and hands when combined with the black and brown bezel. I was hesitant with the press rolex replica watches, but seeing it on hublot replica sale store makes it far more attractive to me. The implication to rolex replica watches is more profound because these are consumers who want steel replica watches uk more than gold ones. Being able to independently move the main hour hand during travel is among the important features rolex replica wants people to know about. Create confusion as to whether the watch is in rolex replica sale store white gold or steel if you are viewing it as a casual observer. Beautiful replica watches, nice upgrades on the movement. Not so sure about the jubilee though. The price alone for this replica watches uk would preclude a lot of would be buyers.