Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chilly Macae!
Here are a few more pictures from our weekend in Macae with Francesca and Sophie. My camera batteries died in the first morning, so I had to wait this week for Francesca to upload and send me the shots from her camera. Here's me the first night in Cesca's apartment...it was late and it was chilly (it is winter here afterall) as the wind off the ocean blew through her veranda door.

We enjoyed a couple of hours on the beach Sat. afternoon, despite the breeze and overcast. Neither of us ended up in our bikini--it was too cold, but we had the chance to have Sierra take this shot of the two of us. My neice saw this photo and said I look like my sister here. (I often look like my sister.) Another friend of mine looked at this picture and said Francesca and I look like WE could be sisters. She's such a good friend of mine that she's like a sister, so I guess that counts, right?
Here is the beach in front of her building. The last building on the right in this picture is Cesca's apartment building. Seriously!?! Could you stand it? The only thing you hear is the ocean crashing on the shore! It's amazing.
Our angel babies, Sierra and Sophie. Despite the 5 year age difference, these two played extremely well all weekend long. Sierra is the patient "big sister" and Sophie is a gentle joy to be around.
Would you take these two to lunch?? We did!! Proudly!

I think this year will find us in Macae often, visiting Cesca and Sophie. It is a beautiful, quiet city just outside of Rio and a welcomed rest from busy, noisy city living.

2 comments:

Shelly said...

What a beautiful area! I would LOVE to fall asleep to the ocean waves and noices each and every night and awake to them each and every morning!

Shelly said...

BTW, you and your sister do look an awful lot alike! It's a good thing though, you are both beautiful!