Sunday, August 10, 2008

Have you ever looked at pictures of yourself and not recognize the person in the picture?


My friend Barrie had a birthday party for herself last night--Moroccan style. They transformed their house with beautiful draped fabrics and mosaic candles lighting every table. The food was unbelievably good, as it always is at their house. It was a great evening, but when I looked this morning at the few pictures taken last night, I didn't recognize myself. Weird. Maybe it has something to do with always being the one behind the camera instead of in front of it.


Here's one of me and my friend Suzanne. (Her eyes are actually open!)Not sure what I'm in the middle of saying, but I'm not surprised that Suzanne's eyes are closed.What in the world is this about??? Who is this?This one is actually pretty good. From left to right: Suzanne, me, birthday girl Barrie. The three of us make up the middle school English department at EARJ. I think I'll make each of them a print of this picture.

We also have the resident Mae (pronounced "my" and means mom). Vania is such a source of stability for many of us younger teachers on campus, and the ongoing joke is for all of us siblings to vie for attention from Mae. She didn't move from the sofa very often last night because each of us fought over our turn at her side.

Here are Priscilla and Ana Helena getting their "mom time". I am so lucky to work with so many wonderful people--my Brazilian family!!

No comments: