Wednesday, June 04, 2008

The Life of a Teacher...
I am finishing my 13th year as a secondary English/Language Arts Teacher. Amazing to think think that I have had a career for so many years--college feels like last year still. Incredible to think how old I have to be in order to have 13 years under my belt--I swear I turned 29 on my last birthday.
Well my students these past 13 years aren't the only ones learning. I have experienced some lessons along the way too.
This year the following lesson is the one that stands out the strongest for me:
Don't be sad because something is over; be happy that it WAS!
Here's to a healthy and safe summer vacation for students and teachers alike, around the world.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I LOVE that lesson...what a great reminder.

...and thanks for all you do. It takes a lot of heart and dedication to do what you do!

Jill said...

I use that lesson between my mom and I, and my sister and I all of the time. We don't live really close to one another, so when we get together, it's usually for long weekend and really fun things planned. Whenever the time comes to an end, I'm the one reminding them, "Don't be sad because our time is over, be happy because it happened!"

It's nice to know that someone else likes that lesson, too, and tries to live by it.