Saturday, May 31, 2008

Sierra and I were lying on the bed this morning and commenced the following series of metaphors for each other. It all started when I said, "Come here princess." Sierra followed with, "You are my queen Momma. The queen of my castle."
A moment of quiet and then she started rolling...
You are the...
cheese on my macaroni.
the pesto on my pasta.
the cloth in my shirt.
the sheets on my bed.
the pillow under my head.
the stink in my fart. (both of us cracked up laughing on this one)
butter on my bread.
the salt on my french fries. (we don't like ketsup)
the time in my clock.
the mango in my fruit salad.
the sweetener in my coffee.
the mentos in my pocket.
the book on my shelf.
the granola in my yogurt.
the belt around my waist.
the frame of my photo.
And Sierra insists on including...the snot in my tissue.

1 comment:

Jill said...

What a great relationship you and your daughter have. It's simply amazing.
I can't wait until my 2-year-old and I can have conversations such as these. Right now, his favorite word is "Tractor" (twak-toh) so I'd have to tell him...
"you are the grease in my big tractor wheels"
Yeah, that was dumb.