Saturday, November 03, 2007

Praia Grumari!

We spent yesterday afternoon at a little beach outside of the city called Grumari beach. The scenary was breathtaking. There are mountains lining the seaside, small islands off the beach, and fewer people lining the sands. The water is calmer too, which meant more time in the water for me and Sierra.Here's a shot of Sierra with the mountains behind her. Apparently there is talk of building an apartment or hotel on this mountain side. I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that it remains undeveloped. The entire area was calm and peaceful and noise free.
Here I am enjoying a cold refreshment while playing fresco ball with Sierra, ocean and islands in the background.
This was what I could see when I laid down to relax in the sun for a few minutes. Sierra spent some time styling Joe's hair into a very punky do!Check out the view behind Joe and I in this picture!!

After the beach, we went to this great seafood restaurant for Shrimp Moqueca. Here's a picture. It is served with white rice and farofa. And SUPER yummy!!!Sierra and I took a series of pictures at the table before and during dinner. This is the endearing Mommy-Daughter one. The others are pretty goofy. Here's one of the shots from the car between the beach and the restaurant. Sometimes the sights here give me chills and bring tears to my eyes. The majesty.

No comments: