Monday, January 29, 2007


All Good Things Must End!
Tonight, as Sierra prepares for bed, we are thankful for five weeks of vacation together. It has been filled with relaxing, sleeping in, lounging by the pool, venturing on short trips, and much laughter. For the first time in her school career, she is proclaiming, "NO! I don't want to go back to school yet!" I thought these things didn't start until children turned at least 10 years old. I am sadly mistaken. I don't believe it to be the result of not enjoying or liking school. See her here with her classmates. She's in the front second from the right.
And she LOVES her teacher, Ms. Eleanor.
I think it is more a factor of having truly enjoyed this vacation. She made friends with a very nice girl who lives downstairs from us--Luisa. Luisa attends the British school though. She doesn't go to Escola Americana. I think that if Luisa attended EA, Sierra and Luisa both would be looking forward to going back to classes together in the morning. Sierra has also forged friendships with many of the other children who live in our condominium, which has factored into her true enjoyment during vacation. All I can offer her is, "All Good Things Must End." And we have so many future adventures to look forward to, we must get started now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara -

Hi there! I just logged into your blog for the first time in a few months - what a crazy whirlwind year it has been for both of us. As I sit here and smile and read what you have been up to - I can't help but think of the days as teenagers when we would talk about where we would go and what we would do when we grew up. I think of all of the obstacles, all of the hard times, the good times and the life lessons that were thrown our way.

I want you to know that I am so PROUD of you. You have really earned this. I think of you and Sierra so often - know that you are in my prayers. Our girls are growing up way too fast!!

Miss you and love you!
Dee