Wednesday, January 24, 2007

5 Weird Things

My friend Tammy is a list lover. It was Tammy who originally introduced me to the list of threes I posted a couple of weeks ago. Well, once again, I have been tagged with 5 Weird Things. As Tammy said, there's nothing like a little self-revelation to make an interesting post. Here's how it works...I disclose 5 weird things about me and then I'm supposed to tag 5 people to reveal their 5 weird things. I'm going to be soft and omit the tagging of 5 others, but feel free to comment here on any of my 5 weird things listed.

1. I have to smell my food before eating it. This goes for EVERYTHING! Breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Main dish, side dish, salad, dessert. Even if it's something I've eaten many times throughout my life. I always smell before eating the first bite.

2. I don't like to mix salty with sweet in a main dish. I love the salted nut roll candy bar or mixing candy corn with salted peanuts. But no way will I eat pizza with pineapple on it or chicken seasoned with cinnamon. Sweet does not belong in my main course. I don't even like sweet flavored salad dressings. It is quite possible that I am really missing out on a fantastic flavor, but for now, I'll just have to take every body else's word for it. I'm not trying it.

3. I LOVE to burp! I know, weird, but true. I think it feels good. It ranks right up there with a really good sneeze, but belching takes the cake, especially after a good swallow of Coke. I secretly wish I lived in a culture where a good hearty burp at the end of a meal is a compliment.

4. I can't stand feet. They're ugly, smelly, dirty and basically disgusting. The only feet I have ever liked were Sierra's when she was an infant, but once she started walking and her feet got bigger they lost their appeal. I don't even like my own feet.

5. I need order but not necessarily organization. A place for everything and everything in its place is my motto. I get really irritated when I go to get something in its "spot" and it's not there because someone has "put it away." But to me, it was in its spot and all ready put away.

Well, there's my weirdness or quirkiness as some may say. Thanks Tammy!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Really??? You love to burp???

I agree - feet are disgusting.

Great post, Sara!