Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Today was my birthday! It was a wonderful day. I woke at exactly the time I was born 34, yes, 34 years ago today--9:25ish. I know, I said exactly but you understand...
Sierra and Joe had business up their sleeves from the minute I awoke. Soon, I was presented with a glowing cake--do you have any idea how hot 34 burning candles on a cake actually is? Unfortunately, the cake, however beautiful, was not delicious. I think they used mayonaisse to make the frosting. Let me tell you, it's not recommended. After the burning cake, thankfully we left for cafe de manha, brazilian style, at a local bakery and cafe. It was very nice.

The rest of the day was spent relaxing, waiting for a new mattress, that never arrived, and preparing for dinner with friends. Dinner was wonderful. Surrounded by good company, good wine, and great food.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Happy BIrthday, Sara!!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like you had a great one.

jilldaisbrenne said...

Happy Birthday!! My 34th birthday was on the 13th! Dinner was at Sushi Whore in Seattle (nice and classy sounding huh)... Hope you had a great day!