Monday, October 15, 2007



Dreamworks went too far with this one. This weekend we had a four day holiday weekend with Children's Day Friday and Teacher's Day Monday. We were busy Thursday night through Sunday morning with outings and friends. Sunday I fell ill and we became home bound. In efforts to keep me company, Joe went to the video store and picked up several DVDs to fill the day. One of them is Shrek 3. We watched it last night. I have to say I was really disappointed. I feel like they went a little far with the sexual innuendos and attempted humor. Any moms and dads reading? I would love other opinions on this. Am I getting conservative in my old age? I am approaching 35, or is it as ridiculous as Joe and I thought while exchanging glances every 30 seconds due to the nature of the comments made on screen. For example, Snow White's tattoo of the heart with Dopey's name on her shoulder. Please comment and give me your opinion. I personally feel they should have stopped at Shrek 2 when the reputation was still reputable.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard nothing but bad review from the people who have.

It's not at the top of our Netflix list...

jilldaisbrenne said...

I took my kids and Maddie and Will to the movie this past summer. Christian and I fell asleep. That speaks alot for the movie (and probably my parenting/babysitting skills as well).