Tuesday, August 21, 2007

My baby turned 9!!

I'm a little delayed in posting the pictures from Sierra's 9th Birthday last week (August 15), but here are a few shots of my big girl, last year in the single digits baby.

This is a daily image. Sierra in the bathroom, before school, primping, ipod shuffle in hand.Here she is shortly after check her whole self out in the full length mirror.

Her choice of activity for the evening was to go for a pedicure and manicure at a local salon. Here she is resisting squirming from ticklish feet.

This year was the first birthday of her life that she had to go to school. Last year, August 15 was a staff development day and kids didn't have class. Every year before that we were in the states and school doesn't begin until after Labor Day, so she was on summer vacation. This year's experience was a good one I think. She received birthday hugs and kisses from all her friends, young and old, at school, she wore a "It's my Birthday" sticker on her shirt throughout the day, and in the afternoon when she came into the Middle School Staff meeting to ask me a question, the entire middle school staff sang Happy Birthday to her! I think she enjoyed being at school on her birthday.

Her birthday party was booked today. She will have a Brazilian-style birthday on September 4. We decided to wait until we knew for sure when Dad would be home, and he will be back Monday. Tonight we went and booked the details for cake, decorations, food, libations, and entertainment to take place here at our condominium on the 4th. Brazilians go overboard on birthdays. Sierra will invite the entire 4th grade and then some!! I'm looking forward to celebrating with her in a week and a half. Pretty big of a 9 year old to agree to wait for the big celebration if you ask me.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Happy Birthday, Sierra! Sounds like you'll have a great party!

I'm glad Joe will be home soon, too.