Wednesday, May 02, 2007

A Weekend at the Beach in BUZIOS!!!!
Well, we left for Buzios Friday afternoon with Sierra's arm in a cast. :-( Despite that fact, we had a GREAT weekend beach hopping, mini golfing, eating crepes, and site seeing. Thought I'd throw up a few pictures for all to enjoy!!
This is my kind of boat! Check out the options lined up on this one! We rented a house from a woman I work with at Escola Americana and we three ventured to Buzios with our good friend Suzanne. I was a little concerned because we left the city in pouring rain, and Buzios is only 124 km from Rio. What would a person do in a beach town with no sun? Still don't know.



Here I am at Praia de Tartaruga (turtle). I think this is my favorite beach in Buzios. Plus, here we had a great drink guy from the closest kiosk, named Rock (pronounced: Hokey), who kept us hydrated and fed all day. Very important to have enough to drink while in the sun all day.





Sierra found the perfect pets for our little Brazilian apartment!

And she found time to relax in the sun with me.

She even managed to splash around in the water every day without soaking her cast!

We were blessed with this amazing sunset!

We played a little (ok a LOT) fresco ball on the beach every day.

We got in a few hands of Barbie Uno--I won twice!

And we all tried our best on a VERY hard mini golf course.

Sierra and I relaxed and watched the Flamengo vs. Botoafogo futebol game.

Ahhhhh, life at the beach! If only I could bring all of my friends with me.

2 comments:

MaryM said...

Can I be your friend? I would go there with you in a heartbeat! What a wonderful experience! (And I hear congrats are in order for some major life events... Congrats!)

Tammy said...

That looks so amazing!