Sunday, November 02, 2008

Date Night!
I found the perfect place to play my guitar!
There is a park very close to my house, where a royal family used to live. It is now a preserve/park and open to the public. It is a fabulous little escape from the noises of the city. On the property, there is a cement tower. A man built this tower for his wife, who was an opera singer, so that she would have a space acoustically adequate for her to practice. It is now MY space. The acoustics in this round room are AMAZING!
So last night, I took my guitar--and a bottle of wine--and stayed in the tower 5 hours playing and singing! It is my new favorite place in the city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! I so want to go Mom please take me there.

Anonymous said...

STOP DRINKING THE WATER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sara, you don't know me. I just came upon your blog over a year ago and came to develop an interest in how you approach your life in Rio. I love reading your blog, so I just finally wanted to log in and say "thanks". P.S. You have great taste in music!