Monday, October 09, 2006






Students at left hard at work on the finishing touches of their movie. Ms. Florence in the background overseeing their decisions.


I really wish that movie files weren't so big, and I could upload a couple of the digital movies the kids have made during class to this site. I am so impressed with the work the kids have done over the last 2 weeks. Some of them would impress Steven Spielberg! Amazing ideas and creativity and symbolism not to mention the fact that they were all engaged 100% of the time.


2 computers...6 kids and all of them working! It's almost unheard of.






I am adding a few pictures of kids working on their projects. We've been talking about ways of sharing this work. The aged old question: What happens now? has come up at lunch with a couple of staff members. Students have electronic portfolios, but the movie files are too large to allow 21 digital movies to occupy the server space. We will certainly create DVD copies of all the movies for each student and me to have a personal copy. I am also considering sending one copy to Oak View in MN for the English teacher there to use as a way to introduce the novels to her students. I haven't talked to Liv or Rachel directly yet, so I'm not sure they would even want them, but it might be a cool idea. Kids sharing what they've read, interesting one another in a particular title, trying to outdo each other in product. I think it's a rather intriguing thought. We'll see.

No comments: