Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rabanada Bem

They might look like your average French Toast, but don't be fooled. These are genuine Rabanadas. Delicious and sinful, traditional Brazilian Christmas goodie. Let me share with you how to create these at your house. Make a batch to share with family and friends during your holiday feast. Add a little Brazil to the table.

Take bakery style dinner rolls. The kind that come in a "log" and you pull them apart. Pull them apart. Mix together milk, sweet and condensed milk, and if you can coconut milk. Soak the pieces of bread in the milk mixture. Beat eggs (2-3) in a separate bowl. After soaking each piece of bread, squeeze out excess milk, and dip in egg. Fry in pan with oil until golden brown. Cover with cinnamin/sugar. Enjoy!!

They are very similar to American French toast in preparation, but the milk mixture makes an incredible difference in final taste.

ENJOY!! Happy HOlidays!

2 comments:

A Day In The Life.... said...

Sounds delish! I may have to try this over Christmas break.

Jill said...

I would love to try this, but I have "skinny" jeans that i NEED to get back into before I'm 40, and these would put me back a couple of years.
Maybe, just maybe, I could try these for a girls' night (right Leah??) and just have a bite and share the rest w/ my friends!!!