Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Room is FINALLY Transformed

Thank Goodness for a gentle, patient daughter.
Sierra has been asking me for 2 years to paint her bedroom. We finally did it. This past weekend was our weekend of projects. Monday was Brazilian Independence Day, so we had a 3-Day weekend. It was overcast and chilly all weekend, so no beach. I have worked a lot on my patience lately, so I was able to let the kids help without getting too frustrated. Actually, I didn't get frustrated at all. I found myself smiling pretty much the entire day. Here are the pictures to chronicle our hard work.
The walls were all white when we started. Sierra had hung several tweener posters on the walls in attempts at decorating, but she quickly removed them the night we brought home the paint.

Sierra, Leticia, and I started with the green wall...

And finished with the details around the corners of the pink sides...Then we had to wait until Sunday because the green needed to be "completamente secou" (totally dry).
Phase One Complete...good night...until tomorrow.
The girls started phase two by taking the paint we bought and mixing it with other leftover paint I had to create the colors they wanted to use for the balls.


Then, I outlined the balls on the wall, created the pattern, while the girls determined who would use which color. They were so organized and cooperative. It was fantastic to work all together.

I added some final touches and made sure edges were evenly coated...

And the magical bouncing balls made there way to Sierra's room.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

love it!!! great job!