Monday, March 23, 2009

Pão de Açúcar--More pictures of our climb.
Pão de Açúcar--Sugar Loaf Mountain--is a peak situated in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, from the mouth of Guanabara Bay on a peninsula that sticks out into the Atlantic. Rising 396 metres (1,299 ft) above sea-level, its name is said to refer to its resemblance to the traditional shape of concentrated refined loaf sugar.
I've looked at this mountain from the bus window at least six times since making the climb. Each time, I am surprised and awed by what I accomplished. At first I said I would NEVER do this again.
My sore muscles told me for at least four days that I would probably never do the climb a second time, but in looking at some of the pictures for a third or fourth time, I'm starting to think I might just try my hand at this little hike once more.

And since my fatigued muscles are no longer here to remind me of the challenge, I might be convinced...

2 comments:

Rachel's Family said...

sara! I do check up on you even though I don't comment. I am in need of communicating via e-mail with you though...I need to ask you about school...can you e-mail me at my school e-mail? do you remember it? hopefully I will hear from you! :-)

LB said...

What an achievement! My mom, aunt and cousins used to walk up the Hot Springs mountain on Whittington Avenue when I was a child. I would love to do that again.