Monday, June 25, 2007

More Tales from the North
We have been busy, yet we are truly enjoying ourselves and managing to relax at the same time. The first week back in MN has gone quickly. We have been occupied with last minute wedding preparations, making sure that everything for July 4th is in order. Joe and I are both excited and anxious as the date approaches.


We spent one day driving up to Staples, MN to pick up my car from the farm. I took this shot while driving back. Man, it feels good to drive my car again. I have to admit though, it feels like I'm going really slowly because the road and the space is so wide. I'll have to use cruise control to avoid getting a ticket. The green space and open fields are a joy to see again. Living in a megatropolis, the horizon is not within sight unless you look out at the ocean. I have been appreciating "God's country".

We have done so much shopping. You'd think none of us has ever been in Old Navy or Kohl's or Target before! Whew! We took a break for a light lunch one day though. Here is Sierra and me at the restaurant, resting from buying so many things.





On Saturday night, we went to Eric and Colette's and had a Catch Phrase rematch. Eric and I tromped all over Joe and Colette. We were laughing into the wee hours of the morning. At 2:15, I went in the house from the deck and saw the time on the digital clock. I thought it was broken and the 1 was simply missing...NOPE! It was truly, 2:15 a.m. Their poor neighbors didn't get much sleep that night! Sierra and Austin even played until that time.
Here's Sierra with her little friend she found near the house while playing. The girl screamed bloody murder earlier Sat. because of a frog, yet she was cuddling this salamander!! Go figure!

Today was pretty exciting for us as we were able to take my parents to a Brazilian style barbeque restaurant in Minneapolis. There is a Fogo de Chao downtown Mpls and I have to say it is authentic Brazilian Churrasco. We enjoyed ourselves for a couple of hours, feasting on the scewers of meat brought to you and carved table side for you. When I asked the waiter for Farofa, they were a little stunned to hear my Portuguese. Thankfully, they were able to prepare some especially for me! YUMMY...



They even had CapiVodkas. This strawberry one tasted so good, we stopped for an assortment of fresh fruit on the way home and a bottle of vodka to prepare our own.
I know, this isn't a very flattering picture. :-) Oh well.





Here we are around our table after our meal. Now Mom and Dad know what we are talking about when we go out for Picanha! It was a wonderful afternoon.

No comments: