Thursday, February 22, 2007

Eating healthy or Eating Well?



Last night on the return from the shopping center, Joe and I decided to stop at Gavea Sushi and get a sampling of what they have. We both really like Sushi, is was Ash Wednesday, so we couldn't eat meat, and we had both been wanting to see if the the little hole in the wall sushi place on the corner that we pass every day is any good. We ordered the sampler that is shown in the pictures with me and Joe here. 50 pieces of sushi!! I am always surprised by how filling it actually is. As well, every day for lunch I eat a salad. Probably 3 nights a week I make a dinner out of salad only, and recently I took this beautiful picture of a chicken salad Joe made for me one night.
Then I got to thinking, what is healthy eating? You see the size of the salad fills an entire dinner plate (I couldn't finish it by the way). The amount of sushi between the two of us last night was way too much. Yet, all of the ingrediants are "good for you".
Here's what I have concluded...anything, IN MODERATION, can be healthy. So it isn't always a matter of eating healthy. I have concluded that it is moreso a matter of eating well. And for my non-sushi-liking...once you get over the consciousness of what you're eating the stuff is really very good!

2 comments:

jilldaisbrenne said...

That sushi platter looks sooooo good!! (all except the fish eggs ones... I hate those and that little popping sound when you bite into them).

Tammy said...

EEEWWWW!!!! I am so disgusted by that "popping" reference, Jill.